Our Engagement, Communication and Communities (ECC) team is a founding member of the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) and works to help projects and organisations — large and small — have significant conversations and connections with their communities and stakeholders at all stages of project planning and delivery, reducing risk, handling outrage and creating lasting community and project benefits.
We are seeking hardworking and committed Stakeholder Engagement Professionals of varying skill levels to join GHD’s fast-growing ECC team to work on high profile projects.
We specialise in opening the lines of communication to show the value of a project and create opportunities for people to understand and participate in decisions that affect them, achieving projects that are better planned and delivered and with better outcomes. We work on projects for government and private sector organisations spanning the transport, energy, water, environmental and property and building markets – offering our clients strategic advice, practical solutions, experience, and insight.
As a Consultant in our Engagement, Communication and Communities team, you will work with a variety of public and private sector clients and will be involved in:
- Stakeholder and community engagement strategies, planning, program delivery, reviews and evaluations
- Communication strategies, tools and tactics for projects and programs crafted for various platforms and audiences
- Digital and social media programs
- Management and facilitation of community feedback
- Build and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders/clients
- Supporting major bids and projects across the lifecycle, including leading community and/or stakeholder engagement activities, street and household meetings, business owner forums and meetings, complaints and stakeholder calls, public facing collateral, approvals and delivery
- Business development and client engagement.
What would you bring to the team?
- Multiple positions of varying levels requiring at least 3 and 10+ years prior experience, working in large complex projects. Experience working within a consulting firm would be advantageous, as well as experience working on major projects.
- A tertiary qualification in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Business, Social Science, Arts or related field (IAP2 certification desirable)
- Strong social skills including the ability to engage with members of the community and key partners
- Excellent writing skills and consistent record in producing high quality content for a range of digital and traditional communication channels
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills together with the capacity to be flexible and adaptable
If you are a proactive, results-driven individual with highly developed social skills and a strong work ethic, we encourage your application.
Interested? Apply online now by submitting your CV and Cover Letter
GHD is an equal opportunity employer, and we want everyone to be able to fully participate in our recruitment process. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of all identities.
GHD embraces hybrid work arrangements to create a work environment focused on well-being, flexibility and productivity where GHD people can thrive, this supports the diverse needs of our workforce while balancing the benefits of remote working with the value of face-to-face collaboration in the office.
There may be government or client requirements which require an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.