Community Engagement Officer
Full Time Position
Job Number: R2246
Applications Close: 4pm, Thursday 24 November 2022
About the role:
Do you have a passion for community focused work? Love working with and for the community? We are looking for a Community Engagement Officer to join the Community Futures Branch. This role supports the delivery of community consultations and engagement activities across Mildura Rural City Council.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide effective and inclusive community engagement that aligns to relevant legislation, policies, practice models and Council Plan actions.
- Liaising with Council Branches, Management and Officers to develop linkages and working relationships between Council, community groups, community members and stakeholders.
- Monitoring a range of Councils community grants programs that support the social, economic and environmental development of communities.
- Coordination of the Community Development Training programs
- Supporting the community in the event of an emergency as a part of Councils emergency management process.
- Participating in opportunities for improvement that are aimed at increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of our service.
With excellent benefits on offer such as Flexible Working Arrangements (including work from home), monthly RDOs, a range of Professional Development opportunities plus much more, this role can support you to achieve your professional and personal aspirations.
About our Region
Situated on the banks of the iconic Murray River, our beautiful city boasts almost year-round sunshine, coupled with affordable housing and living as well as access to a range of health care options.
Only a short flight from three capital cities, Mildura is vibrant multicultural community, home to more than 55,000 residents, with 79 different nationalities officially recognised.
For the foodies, there’s world-class cuisine served with small town hospitality, there are local produce markets and award-winning wines. For people looking for the slow lane, we have luxury houseboats to drift away on, there are golf courses and internationally-recognised national parks to explore. Like things a little faster? Speedboats, jet-skis, water skiing, motorsports – we have it all.
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally the successful applicant will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification and/or experience in a relevant community development, organisational development and/or community services field.
- Experience in facilitating service delivery to diverse range of stakeholders.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Salary and Conditions
The position is classified within Band 6 of Council’s Current Enterprise Agreement ranging from $85,983.04 to $93,722.72 per annum plus statutory superannuation.
Want to know more?
To find out more about the role head over to www.mildura.vic.gov.au/Council/Employment for a copy of the Position Description and Application Form. Alternatively, contact Human Resources on (03) 5018 8197 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mildura Rural City Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culture that values diversity. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will need to provide a Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Mildura Rural City Council is a Child Safe organisation and as such, applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check. Applicants may also be required to undergo a pre-employment medical check as per the requirements of the role.
Applicants that do not address the key selection criteria in their application may not be considered.