IAP2 Certificate Training Sydney - Module 1: Planning for Effective Public ParticipationBack To Events
|Date||27 Mar 12|
|Venue||Cliftons, Level 13, 60 Margaret Street, Sydney|
|Cost||AU $ 1300|
IAP2 Training Sydney
Module 1: Planning for Effective Public Participation
|Date||27 & 28 March, 2012|
|Venue||Cliftons, 190-200 George Street, Sydney|
|Time||8.45am - 4.45pm ( registration from 8.30am)|
Members: $1050 per person incl GST
Non Members: $1300 per person incl GST
IAP2 Members please ensure you are logged in to receive the member discount.
The IAP2 Training Program offers a Certificate in Public Participation throughout Australasia, North America, Europe and Asia. Our trainers have worked with practitioners from around the world to develop practical tools that transcend national and cultural boundaries and are suitable for the most advanced practitioners through to those just starting out.
This course will provide an overview of the communication skills used by public participation practitioners, this module focuses on how to prepare and present information as a key part of engaging communities. At the conclusion of the course, students will have learned:
• The information needed to support effective public participation and how to communicate it
• Skills to listen in a way that demonstrates understanding and respect
• Attitudes and behaviours that give stakeholders confidence in the engagement process
• How to identify and write key messages and apply them in a range of communication tools
• How to gather, summarise and analyse feedback
• The principles of risk communication to avoid community outrage.
The IAP2 Certificate in Public Participation consists of three courses:
• Course 1: Planning for Effective Public Participation (2 days)
• Course 2: Communication for Effective Public Participation (1 day)
• Course 3: Techniques for Effective Public Participation (2 days)
All three courses are presented in an experiential learning environment that provides students with the opportunity to explore their own public participation challenges with their instructor and peers. Interactive exercises and practical tips are used to enliven the theory and reference materials presented throughout each course and reinforce skills that participants can put to immediate use. At the conclusion of each course, students will receive credit from IAP2 recognising the successful completion of that course. Upon completion of all three courses, students will be awarded a Certificate in Public Participation from IAP2 international.
The presenter for this training in Sydney will be Margaret Harvie.
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed